Tuesday 15 July 2014

My Top Five Films Celebrating the Planet

I’m a big believer in the impact films can have on the world. They have the power to trigger global conservations that can have real positive ramifications. That’s exactly the reason why I set up my production company Sundog Pictures - to tell stories that matter and bring new audiences to important topics.
Here are my top five films that celebrate the planet in a unique way and left a lasting impression on me. 


Baraka - 1992

This is a stunning film and is such a beautiful way to showcase the planet. It’s incredibly immersive and hypnotic, and it has such an amazing visual presence that you forget it doesn’t have a voice over - it’s just this amazing planet looking like you have never seen it before.



1 Giant Leap - 2001
I saw this a few years ago and it was such a beautiful way to chart human relationships amidst a backdrop of the world and music.
There is a brilliant album to go alongside this beautiful film - so either way i’d encourage you to listen or watch the life lessons shared here.


An Inconvenient Truth - 2006
Proof that film can be such a powerful medium. I remember it coming out in the cinema and I kept hearing from people that I had to see this film. I was absolutely blown away by what I saw, and completely believe that is one of the most powerful and important films I have ever seen. It really got the subject of climate change to the whole word and triggered a global conversation that people are still having now.


In The Shadow of the Moon - 2007
This was a film I saw last year. It was recommended to me by a friend and it documents the story of NASA’s manned Moon missions in the 60s and 70s. As I am going to be heading to space in the near future with Virgin Galactic I really wanted to be aware of the history of space travel.
It’s an incredibly interesting and moving film, and after I watched it I had a mixture of nerves and excitement about my trip to space!


Revolution -2013
This is an amazing documentary made by my pal Rob Stewart. It initially looks at the world with concern - highlighting worries about pollution, wavering ecosystems and over population before focusing on how we can all make a difference.
His belief is that if more young people knew what was happening to the world they would stand up and fight for the future. It’s a powerful film. 

What are your favourites? 


1 comment:

  1. I am a hr Professional and a Pwd-Mobiltychallenges fromIndia.I am looking for job opportunities to join urgently. Gautam Chaudhary. gautam.chaudhury72@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete